Craft Design Technology - branding by Winkreative

Found this volume in my studio’s book shelves and flipped it down to the small section for CDT. As CDT is a loosely organized collective, I don’t have documentation of anyone being specifically responsible for the ‘redesign’ of various classic Pentel, Zebra and other makers’ products. Winkreative is headed by Tyler Brule, who created the Monocle publication, so I would think it is reasonable to say he had a hand in the graphic design for CDT, eg the color scheme, packaging, typography and perhaps the markings on the various products. Or more likely, it was the work of an unknown worker bee designer at Winkreative.

The only other name I have seen mentioned is Shuwa Tei of Intentionallies, who is said to be responsible for the knurling pattern on the CDT item 16 (Graphgear 500). Perhaps he had a hand in the grip-band for the CDT item 38 (Kerry)? I wonder if he was also responsible for the braid pattern on the CDT item 36 (Sharbo), which is also seen on some CDT note pads, folders etc.

10 Likes

They are beautiful. If anyone is looking for the Kerry, there is a new one for sale right now メルカリ.

4 Likes

Interesting how the CDT pattern has changed with the new all black edition:

6 Likes

Has the pattern in the first photo really been a regular one or was it a special edition for All Nippon Airways?

2 Likes

I’d love to see an ANA exclusive CDT Kerry :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, I think that would be great! We’ve not yet seen any body-pattern Pentel Kerry models, right? Just different colorways and center grip pattern/color.

The one I am still looking for is the Item 23, which is th e CDT equivalent of the Pentel A21.

5 Likes

Oh yeahhhh… these were already out of stock when I first learned about and got the CDT S55