Color code for burgundy?

This S19 came in the last shipment from Japan. It is a burgundy color. I don’t have a color code for this. Does anyone have a reference for it or a guess?

2 Likes

Pilot often uses M or MR for burgundy, but I don’t think that jives with the way Pentel has done their color designations (typically starting at A and working up the alphabet).

In general Pentel has not made many burgundy pencils. But with so many colors of the P20x pencils I would expect that there would be a reasonable match. Hoping Jimmy will know…

1 Like

Actually looking at Pentel of America’s site gives the color code ‘B’ for a P205 in burgundy red… This might actually be okay. This would fit it in with Pentel’s early color scheme where sage is green ‘D’, teal is blue ‘C’ for the S5x models with the sharp grips.

2 Likes

Either B2 or E Burgundy Red

1 Like

I’ll send you $45 right now for it

I’ve seen E as Burgundy Red, but It might actually be Brown. This matches the earlier colors. Maybe I need someone with better color vision to look at it and tell me if I am imagining this.

I would be tempted on that offer, but this one is one of the few that I have seen that have the same top, body, and cap color.

If I recall correctly the burgandy colored Clicsharps are E, the burgandy p200, p35 and Pentel 11 is B.

So basically……:person_shrugging:

$49

2 Likes

The standard “Red” P205 that I call Burgandy is code B.

2 Likes