Collection of Damdeok, the Korean

Naver but he prefers using e-mail to talk.

Edit: he got the hairline Porsche design on eBay but the listing doesnt show up anymore

3 Likes

Who is he on Naver? I know of two collectors on there.
enne313 (Cuirassier)
johnlion77

3 Likes

I believe I have his account but he prefers to not share it.

3 Likes

Getting stranger by the day. :joy:

5 Likes

The images are generated by Dall E 3.0 beta and the mensages by Chat GPT 4

3 Likes

So many Vanishing Points :exploding_head:

2 Likes

yes, f*cking ebay sells the old auction data to websites like worthpoint, instead of letting them public.

If s/o really wants to know, (s)he should be easily recognizable at Naver. I won’t search, because I can’t stand Naver – they do anything to make it unusable by non-natives imo …
Only thing I know is that it’s not Cuirassier (longer active than 5 years).

5 Likes

The best 3 (in terms of aesthetics) pencils to you?
PILOT AUTOMATIC H-5005 (HAT-500M) - PILOT AUTOMAITC HAT-3 0.3 - FABERCASTELL ALPHA EXCLUSIVE

Also, yes, the more time that passes the more I dislike eBay.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if eBay owns Worthpoint.

You know, as an eBay seller, you’d think eBay would grant you the ability to search history further back than 3 months. But no. I also think they broker that historical data to 3rd parties.

4 Likes

Full drawer photos

6 Likes

some value in that drawer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How did he obtain so many polished steel FC alphamatic w/matching ballpoint sets? Was this some lucky buy in a lot, or just fortunate timing on multiple auctions? It’s just incredible.

5 Likes

I am looking at the fact that he has 2 Excalibur PXE205, plus an RXE206.

3 Likes

And pxn105!

I think this accumulation in relatively short time range was only possible by active communication with collectors and convincing buying offers…

3 Likes

4 Likes

Happy to take some of the duplicates off his hands. Those gotta be weighing down his existence :joy:

4 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I felt so conflicted…
Such gorgeous eye candy, so pleasing to look at, but can’t shake the feelings of jealousy!

4 Likes

Really nice comparative display. I never knew quite how long were the Uni Hi-Mecha 3050 / 5050 mechanical pencils, but next to that Pentel PSD5… they sure look long!

4 Likes

What a coincidente! Just this monday me and him were commenting about envy and he said among the collectors he knows it can be a big problem.

4 Likes

Well, it’s all relative. It’s one thing to be a bit jealous that someone nabbed a great deal on a certain pencil of interest that you’d been looking for, but it’s a whole other scale for something like this. That collection he has is just mind boggling. Probably the most supreme of all collectors that we know of at this point. But it’s still a minor point, really. I’m duly impressed and admire what he achieved. And actually grateful that he’s sharing photos of it, so we can see the extent. It’s not so much about ownership as it is about awareness of what these glorious pencil manufacturers accomplished in their peak years, when the mechanical pencil did not have a computer rival with which to contend!

4 Likes