Cataloging STAEDTLER

For the past few days I have been searching and saving info on a very wide array of STAEDTLER mechanical pencils with the intent of cataloging all their models from 1980-2022, including LE’s, all help (specially when it comes to Japan only models) is appreciated.

I already have most of the stuff offered by staedtler.de from 1980-2020, albeit I have noticed that I’m missing some colour variations (notably, ones from the Polo and marsmicro lines). Thanks everyone for your time and have a splendid week.

3 Likes

Is there older Japan only stuff by Staedtler? I mean other than the 925 LEs of last years?

I don’t have systematically collected the Staedtlers (other brands neither :wink: ). So I certainly have gaps concerning lead sizes and variants. But spontaneously I don’t remember any open Staedtler vintage holy grails on my (non-existing) “list”. I lack some 925 LEs (of course … e.g. evangelion).

1 Like

There is only the 925 line but within it, there are many different versions across the years, and variations between old 925 25 and new ones, there is also the issue of the few retractable tip versions which I have no idea as to when they were manufactured.

1 Like

The catalog scans were for English-speaking areas, and I noticed they don’t contain models I’ve traditionally viewed as Japanese-only (early black-and-silver versions of the 925, for example).

So I submit that these scans are incomplete, at least from that perspective.

2 Likes

Precisely. I sent an e-mail asking them about the Japanese models and am waiting for a response, when I get home I will see if I find anything on Japanese forums.

1 Like

Arrived home.
Where should I write this? I thought of using google docs but I’d like to know if there’s any better option. Nimrod used wordpress for his book but I have no clue on how to do it, I’m a big old fart when it comes to anything technological.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything to do here; just upload whatever scans you have, and call it a day!

1 Like

I was thinking of setting up some sort of cooperative doc where everyone could add what they have to complement and fix any holes. The dream is to make a concise catalogue that lists all models like what Nimrod did with Pentel but if that’s unachievable it’s perfectly understandable.

That’s precisely what the proposal is with the wiki here in the forums.

1 Like

Silly me. Didnt realize it. Time to write then.

2 Likes

But spontaneously I don’t remember any open Staedtler vintage holy grails on my (non-existing) “list”.

adding to my list: 770 - MARS-MICROGRAPH 0X :wink:

3 Likes

Its on my list too after yesterday :innocent: Its simplicity is so beautiful

1 Like