Appearances can be deceiving

Amazon USA has some good deals on the Zebra Sarasa multi-pen, particularly the 4+1. I bought mine for $6.30 USD. Sometimes it slips down as low as $5 USD. Terrific price, considering that the pen refills are nice and they will fit in the Jetstream. And then of course the mechanical pencil insert.

I found that the Zebra Sharbo X pencil component fits in the Jetstream… at least through the nose cone. The shaft that it mounts on is slightly more narrow… which means it may be possible to shave off some of the plastic in order for it to fit.

1 Like

I have a few multi-pens from LAMY, rotring and Mitsubishi/uni, but have mainly used the latter as I really like the Jetstream refills, especially the SRX-80-05. I also like the variety Mitsubishi offers (e.g. the Tokyu Hands editions of the 4&1 with cedar grip) and the option of replacing the rubber grip with metal ones from Unus.

But since I now like 0.3 mm more than 0.5 mm and I haven’t yet found a way to equip a Mitsubishi multi-pen with 0.3 mm, I looked around and came across the Zebra Sharbo X LT3. Although it uses the more expensive D1 refills, I can also use Jetstream refills with it because they come in D1 too, and there is also a 0.3 mm insert. Besides that it is thinner and of higher quality.

But I will also see how I can fit a 0.3 mm insert from Zebra into the Mitsubishi.

In short: the quest for the best multi-pen is endless :wink:

1 Like