A personal project about pencils for my portfolio

Hello everyone,

By day, I’m a designer who works on digital products like apps and websites. For a while, I’ve wanted to add a theoretical project to my portfolio in which I take an existing online thing, and then develop it further, refine how people interact with it and give shiny new design system.

Ideally this happens when I have A) a digital thing I’m really interested in and B) access to actual users of that thing. Knockology conveniently satisfies both of those criteria.

This is not a real-world project; simply an exercise in which I get to learn and practice some things on my own, and end up with improvements to my skillset that would help me along my career path.

What I’m asking from the community here, is for a couple of volunteers - the more the merrier - who would be willing to answer a few simple questions via DM about your experience as a user of this site (technically as a user of Discourse, which is the software that Knockology is built on).

If that’s something you’d be interested in helping me with, leave a comment below and I’ll shoot you a DM in a few days. Thanks in advance <3

Extra thanks to @Knockologist for allowing this post in the first place!

8 Likes

I’ll help

3 Likes

Count me in

2 Likes

Would love to help! Sign me up.

2 Likes

Sure, why not? If I — a noob, pure and simple — can be of any help, feel free to consider me as well.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys, i appreciate this a lot. I’m working on the questions and will DM you in the next couple days. Happy Friday!

1 Like

Count me in, Stuart!

2 Likes

$5 says that everyone’s top suggestion is for the software to automatically display everything that Pearson says in comic sans and papyrus.

9 Likes
5 Likes

Arial, Papyrus, Comic Sans… the unholy trinity

5 Likes

@Stu let me know how I can help.

3 Likes

Wow – I totally missed this one!
I love Kate McKinnon. Ryan Gosling is great. The two paired up? Fantastic. Ah, I miss these SNL days. That show has gone downhill so badly, I often just go right to Weekend Update, and even that has flatlined lately.

Here’s another Gosling Great:

2 Likes

Can Do!

1 Like