Zebra Sharbo X TF12

Hey Diego, I also find that the lack of detent on the Sharbo X isn’t a deal breaker. But when you use a Surari… it’s just so nice having it. I wish there was some feasible way to transplant the internals to a Sharbo X.

I’ve sometimes seen the TS10 discounted used for really low prices, sometimes costing the same as a new Sharbo X from JetPens. Occasionally, Amazon Japan selling on Amazon USA has featured them for ridiculously low prices, the lowest I’d seen being $13 in plain white (without inserts). I almost picked up a TS10 but balked. I’ll be curious to know what you think, given your love for the Sharbo X.

2 Likes

The TS10 for $13 is absolutely nuts, that’s less than a fifth of the MSRP!

This is a table I did one day I was bored. You can see how the TF12 is the thinnest and the TS10 is the heaviest and thickest. I guess that the complaints about the TS10 stem from that? Personally I like thick pens as long as they have a reasonable heft (thick & light pens feel cheap) so I think I’ll like the TS10. Another difference between models is the connector piece, the cheap models have a plastic connector while the more expensive ones have a metal connector.

A family picture of my multifunction pens. If someone wants a pen with detents for retraction, then I also recommend the vintage sharbos. Millions of them were made so they’re relatively easy and cheap to find. For some reason I can’t understand the 2000 yen model mechanism feels tighter than the 3000 yen one, but it may just be my pen which is a bit loose.

Some eye candy :grin:

4 Likes

Sorry for the confusion – that’s for the Sharbo X, plain white. The lowest I ever saw a good condition used TS10 was about $35 USD.

1 Like

I didn’t mean a 4th component in the Sharbo LT3 either — just a 4th position that closes the pen.

3 inserts is more than enough.

1 Like

Ah, OK. I understand you now. Physically with the Sharbo X it actually means 6 positions (there would be a detent between each insert, as on the Surari).

:+1: