What's your favorite ballpoint/rollerball/gel pen?

I mainly focus on pens with great design and playability, my favorite list is (if not consider practicality):
Lamy unic (Ti), spirit (steel), dialog 1, Sakura Archi Y (silver YOBC3000), Tombow espana, Platinum Z (5k matte silver&black, 10k silver stripe).

For me, these pens have top design levels. They are classic, solemn, mature in design. You may not like each of them, but probably you will agree that for at least some of these models, their design express a degree of timelessness or futurism.

As for the favorite one in the list, it will always be Lamy unic Titanium version. For me, it’s the perfect collection. Design, quality, structure, appreciate it at static state and during knocking process. (Well, it’s tip still wobbles a little just like other Lamy products, but I’m willing to ignore that)

I haven’t buy spirit and archi Y yet, didn’t see much reasonable price for ballpoint Y during last year, but looks like people have a certain amount of stock. I often see people posting pictures of archi. It’s just that the transaction volume is not as high as it was two or three years ago.
——————————————————————————————————
I will choose Pilot Fumi Raku 陶器 if consider quality and daily use. It’s very popular in my country, but seems that Japanese local players pay little attention to it (in this price range, maybe they prefer third-party customization?). It is a pity that it was discontinued not long ago.

6 Likes