The top of my collection (minus some)

The yen was strong, but the development of the currencies is of course a bit different from my € point of view.
However, I disagree with „not as much inventory available“. I had the impression that the tsunami caused a huge dip in available inventory, which never was completely restored. There are only a few exceptions, which are better available today: H-5005, sakura archi, Sakura freematic come to my mind.

PS I have rarely bought a Japanese pencil from eBay (a few from Rohit back then and 2 from Elton recently, but I think that’s it), so here eBay is still not a good source for Japanese pencils for me.

2 Likes

Yes, of course there is USD to EUR as well. For a long time, EUR was a good 15 to 25% stronger, then dipped back to parity for a bit, then a bit stronger again.

You all are serious…. I just check if I have enough money, then either cry or hit “purchase” :smiley:

3 Likes

This is me most of the time

9 Likes

Your bottom pink specimen is cool, and I have a similar piece—I’m guessing it’s from the time before they had the “PILOT” relief on the barrels :100:

No “Pilot” relief, just “made in Japan” and “0.5”. I’ve often Ned wondered about this one. It is quality.

3 Likes