Some new arrivals, today

In its broad meaning, new old stock means that it is an unused item found in storage, which is old and goes on the market.

I appreciate the impromptu watch education and your thorough explanation/answer. I believe Youā€™ve successfully covered any/all possible issues/angles of interpretation. :star::star::star::star2::star2:ā€”- u/noahf

And thank you for your concise/definitive definition. fortunately that is how Iā€™ve been interpreting NOS as well. One can never be too sure when it comes to broadly used descriptors. ā€”-u/First_Sail.

1 Like

What I really mean is that right now, at this hour, we see that in many, most pencil and pen sales publications, the use of these terms to describe the item for sale is very inaccurate. Mint condition, new old stock, from a collection, never used, original packaging, all this has become commonplace, its use has become popular.

Mitsubishi W knock! :open_mouth:

That would be me!

1 Like

Well now I take what I said backā€¦

Are you saying the terms/phrases you listed are used interchangeably? To me:

ā€¢Mint=perfect

ā€¢NOS=Never used/not necessarily perfect

ā€¢From a collection= there is a reason you arenā€™t saying mint, but toull only find it if it isnā€™t FLAWLESS

ā€¢Never Used= ā€œBy meā€¦(?)ā€

ā€¢Original Packaging= EVERYTHING needs to be there/intact/perfectly.

1 Like

Well yes, I could say that I agree with most of it. I used to check FPNā€™s pen condition rating, but I canā€™t find it in the post right now. These were taken from other sources.

grading-table

5 Likes