Looking for photos & writeups for Pentel Book

I feel a little silly that I have had this all along and never even noticed or thought about the “N” on it. Or that the pencil was shorter than my other P1135 pencils. (I had it in a box up on the shelf in the closet where I couldn’t reach it easily.)

4 Likes

Just as a side note, the RK10 pen I have is almost exactly the same length as the P1135N pencil. Dave’s set shown in his pictures on his blog website at DMP shows that the pencil is definitely longer than the pen. Anyone know if the RK10 came in different lengths as well?

Speaking of Pentel pens, I could have sworn I saw a Kerry pen a few years ago, but I didn’t save the picture or website, so it could just be a figment of my imagination. Has anyone else come across a Pentel Kerry pen?

2 Likes

I have seen a picture of a Kerry pen. It wasn’t exactly the same form factor as the pencil but it did have the grip and a similar cap. I can’t recall off the top of my head where I saw it. It was black.

2 Likes

Thanks! That sounds pretty much what I remember seeing. So, I guess I’m not going as looney as I thought I was.

Or maybe I am! There is one thing that constantly keeps coming to my mind about you…now don’t get the wrong idea! Of course, I am always seeing your profile pic for each of your posts and from the emails I receive from Knockology, and I saw the pics of you next to the DeLorean, as well as someone’s comment saying that you actually look like your profile pic. I actually didn’t think you looked exactly like your profile pic. Here is what keeps coming to my mind when I look at your profile pic:

IMG_2467
IMG_2468

And please don’t take this the wrong way, because you’re a handsome man with exceptionally good taste! His performance as that character (first pic) is one of my all-time favorites. (Not to mention that he also used his teeth for removing things!)

2 Likes

Welp, looks like it’s time to kick another booger picker off the site!

Just kidding! I don’t take myself seriously. I could look like Napoleon Dynamite’s uncle for all I care.

Also, the comment about looking exactly like a profile pic was meant for @cytherian. That was creepy @Heath zooming in Gary’s selfie.

:joy:

6 Likes

I think I bought a set with a P1135 & RK10. I will see if I can find it.

The “Kerry” pen is the R1000 Excalibur. It is in the Pentel of America ‘82, ‘84 & ‘85 catalogs.

It is 12 from the right in the above image.

5 Likes

Yes!! I knew it.

Buhhhh… wha?

5 Likes

Excalibur Roll-alloy Pen RX30

8 Likes

I found the P1135/RK10 set I purchased. It is green, and it turns out, it is a P1135N.

Here is a photo along with my regular green P1135.

3 Likes

That RX30 looks to be the to be the same as the R1000 Excalibur in the US Catalogs. I suspect it was called RX30 in Japan and R1000 in the US.

Can you take a picture of it out of the package?

Grab shot from 2019

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that is the same pen.

Here are the P1135/RK10 posted.

There may be only the one size RK10. Posted, it is the same size as the P1135, even though capped it is the same size as the P1135N.

I wonder if the P1135N was made to go in the sets, so that looking at it, there was not such a size disparity in the package.

2 Likes

That was my initial thought, but then I looked at an Excalibur set where there was an obvious difference in length and figured that would have been too logical of an afterthought for Pentel. But would customers (or designers) back then have directly brought up a dissatisfaction for the difference in length and Pentel listened? Or were the sales of the original sets not good and Pentel made the change to improve things?

I have not looked at all of the P1135 I have, but the P1135 was manufactured in 1980, and the P1135N in 1982. Standard 6 digit stamp on the reservoir.