Looking for info on H-58x and H-108x models

I think they are not complete clones, but yes, the only completely independent design seems to be the Kaliber
Imgur

PS sorry for hi-jacking the thread with Nestler stuff
PPS background of the image is the Nestler manufactory.

4 Likes

Top to bottom:

• Platinum Hayaai (straight rip)
  • Uni Super (riff)
  • ??
  • Nestler Kaliber (independent)

What’s the OEM counterpart of that third piece? :thinking:

2 Likes

I guess the 3rd was meant by Ulfe with Staedtler 925 sibling. Of course the front part is different…

1 Like

If I had to guess, I’d say Ueda — which was (?) probably some factory like Ohhira that worked on the sphere of Staedtler Japan?

Edit:

Ueda Pro 500
Herlitz 05
Nestler Pro 03

All these have the same dimensions and interchangeable parts, some are even identical (the first two). Nestler’s parts/materials are quite more refined though, probably customised from the ud-500 or ud-1000 models.

3 Likes

The mysterious UDs :slight_smile: Are you aware of other models than the DD pros? The hypothesis with them as manufacturers for Staedtler jp sounds not bad. At least I am quite sure that Staedtler jp products are not manufactured here (Nürnberg I mean).

2 Likes

Not aware of other models, no… But like Ohhira, Ueda can be a larger factory, and machining MP parts is just one of the things they do (or did). I had an “Ohhira” that was the OEM of the Fuji Corona (and apparently they’re behind Manufactum MPs too, since the specs match quite a lot…)

Schneider in Germany is a bit like Ohhira, no?

1 Like

It’s also reminiscent of the JavaPen Staedtler knockoff.

This JavaPen?! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Apologies to the OP. We’ve completely hi-jacked this thread… :grimacing:

You nailed it :hammer:

Oh and this one might as well go with the others :saluting_face:

It’s a refined beauty, probably based on the ud-500 (plastic/rubberised body).

2 Likes