Collection of Damdeok, the Korean

The Korean Pilot double knocks are really interesting. I had seen some of the variants on some Naver blogs before, but this collector has a lot more.

I looked up the text on one of them: 2段式 literally means 2-stage, which is how I guess they refer to a double knock in Korean. The text on the barrel looks silk screened to me. The logo is also consistent with other Pilot pieces from Korea.

4 Likes

best for last.

5 Likes

Mechanica in all of its glory

Just woah.

8 Likes

What the living hell. Wow.

4 Likes

So friends, safe to say this is one of the most expensive and amazing collections we know of?

4 Likes

The lighting has to be really bright on those Executive alpha-matics - there’s only the one variant of those, right? Also, don’t think I’ve ever seen a hairline finish PD Classic.

4 Likes

I don’t even think it’s a bright lighting, executive post on naver by aurum, it’s a very reflective finishing the one they made. Vittorio Villani in his blog says they (executive version) get markings very easily.

2 Likes

Right, but these almost look silver/chrome. Just making sure I don’t have another variant to get lol!

2 Likes

Oh, but look at aurum’s newer post! Maybe it is a chrome finish?

3 Likes

Oh damn! Maybe it is, at first he said the FC Alphamatic EXCLUSIVE was in his top 10 and I wrote it off as a mistake and changed to executive but now… We’d need an expert on FC like @2nd_astronaut to shed some light on this.

2 Likes

Actually, I totally forgot about this one. Here they are from a YJP seller earlier in the year.

6 Likes

That is beautiful. Didn’t know of the exclusive and the fully gold plated version

3 Likes

From him:

If you look at the order of the submodels at the top, it’s as follows.

You can’t judge it by looking at the sharp, but you can judge it by looking at a ballpoint pen that is the same color.

1. ALPHA-MATIC LIMITED EDITION 230 YEARS GOLD
  2. ALPHA-MATIC EXECUTIVE
  3. ALPHA-MATIC EXCLUSIVE
  4. ALPHA-MATIC TITANIUM
  5. ALPHA-MATIC BRONZE
  6. ALPHA-MATIC ANTHRAZIT
  7. ALPHA-MATIC MARINE
  8. ALPHA-MATIC BORDEAUX
  9. TK-MATIC S
  10. TK-MATIC L
  11. TK-MATIC
5 Likes

For how long have you been collecting?
1.The collection period of writing instruments is approximately within 5 years.
Are there any pencils you have yet to acquire?
2. The key is whether the item can be collected, not the value of the item.
How big is your collection?
3. I think I’ve touched almost 98.999999% of the mechanical pencil.

On joining the forum:

I’ll think about that more. I’d like you to give me some time.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a serious collector…

On the alphamatics: not w/o reasons I posted the open mouth smileys. You can identify that they are not executives by the missing executive label. I didn’t know that the exclusive edition was available as pencil (I thought only pens). The anniversary edition is golden. The picture Heath brought back is instructive.

PD hairline is also new for me, we need more details :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love the Sakura ATS-3000, and am totally blown away by the alphamatics, Newman drafting (0.3 and 0.5), and others… just wow :exploding_head:

1 Like

HE HAS A MECHANICA WITH A STICKER ON IT? :scream:

7 Likes

I also took note of that. My guess is, at some point there weren’t enough hard shell boxes available for the total production, so Pentel applied stickers to some Mechanica pencils. It looks like those are modern style stickers, so my guess is that this was at the end of the last production run. It was cheaper to make a sticker than to make another run on the full Mechanica hard shell boxes, pouches, etc.

4 Likes

Looks like you already got your ATS3000 glam shots :smiley:
One cool thing to note is that it has a double lead sleeve, both of which retract. It’s one of the most complicated automatic mechanisms I’ve seen.

The chrome alpha-matic is most definitely a thing. There was a set on sale on YAJ a few years ago - this collector might have won that one. I’m not yet 100% sure whether it can be considered a variant of the Executive since there are ones that don’t say “Executive” on them. Considering the similarities, I’m inclined to consider it a variant.

4 Likes

Unreal.
Just started his collection FIVE YEARS ago?
I’m guessing that he was fortunate enough to tap into some private sellers. He obtained some seriously rare pieces in a relatively short period (compared to collectors who sit and wait for auctions). I couldn’t help but notice the silver (white) stripe MYU (500SS), and actually a little surprised that he didn’t nab one with a price sticker, like so:
MYU500SS_2
MYU500SS_3

3 Likes