Unknown Korean collection

Hey Z, nice to have you here! That’s funny how you found this place, but awesome because we need to know what you know about a Porsche Design Classic in a hairline finish?? :rofl: Details further up in this thread. Also, good to see you’re alive! Haven’t seen you on Reddit in a while and wondered if the Covid got you!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, xiao! This has been a very active forum lately, with many interesting discussions about vintage mechanical pencils. Feel free to share some knowledge or photos of your collection if you ever feel like so :grin:

6 Likes

Good to see you, Xiao! Long time no see. Yes, you are quite the legend and great to see you’ve found this place (thanks to atxalias!)… but now, have you seen this Korean collector? It’s mind boggling beyond belief, the extent of his collection.

3 Likes

Welcome Xiao!

Anyone got questions or models they want to see from him? Im afraid we (me and him) wont be talking for much longer.

3 Likes

Im afraid we wont be talking for much longer.

I’m surprised… can you elaborate what you mean by this? Is the Korean collector closing up his showcase here?

2 Likes

From him:

I am off work now. It’s hard because there’s so much work.

Are you spending your day happily?

Unfortunately, communication with me will be limited to May 31, 2023.

It’s not much time left, but I hope it will remain as a good memory.

Now I have to go to sleep to go to work in the morning.

thank you

4 Likes

OK, I’m still a little confused, but I’m guessing what you mean is that you’ll be away until end of May, and unable to relay responses from the Korean collector until after May?

3 Likes

Oh no! I will remain here, thats from him, sorry for the misunderstanding Gary

Hi @xiaozhenyang4444. Thanks for joining us. What we have here is pretty special and we are excited to see you join us.

4 Likes

Sorry, a little misunderstanding there Forrequi – I expect that you’ll still be here. So it’s the Korean collector who will be taking a break until the end of the month and then return? Is there a name we can give him in the meanwhile? Doesn’t even have to be his real name… a nickname. Just an easier reference. :blush:

2 Likes

So far he told me to call him Damdeok

4 Likes

¥40,800! Instead I’d better buy those Ohto from Elton😅. Excellent information 2nd, thank you. (Diego gracias por el enlace a Mercari).

Hello Xiao!

3 Likes

Welcome Xiao!

1 Like

On picture is PENTEL MECHANICA 2,000 Yen Mark 1969 0.5 Cap Gray Full Body Initial Model.

It is also known as “Capital letter predecessor first deformed Gray Mechanica 2,000 Yen Mark 0.5 1969”.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what he means by deformed, isn’t it “just” a 1st edition mechanica?
Stunning piece nevertheless. I didn’t know that 1st edition 0.5 mechanicas came with a plastic case, and not a leather one.

3 Likes

Actually, the plastic sleeve protector came with later releases as well, including the very last one with the more modern Pentel logo.

I wonder why he means by “gray” here, because the body looks black to me, while the case appears gray. The later ones were black.

2 Likes

Not long ago there was a mechanica with an insane result at Yahoo! (>100k iirc). Maybe that was such a variant…

2 Likes