Lament thread, for those times things go wrong

SIGH
Don’t you hate it when you forget to bid on a pencil or pen, you have a weird technical problem that prevents you from bidding, or somehow your proxy buying service manages to fail in making a snipe bid?

Argh. I missed a user grade but nice shape KOKUYO Mistral PS-100 for $30 USD. I could slash my wrists, I’m so mad at myself!!

5 Likes

Oh bummer! I have a few mistrals that I cherish.

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear: I feel you, last year I missed a pristine condition 80’s FC Da Vinci set for $35 USD.

3 Likes

I love the PS-102. Such a phenomenally fluid mechanism. And quiet. The bling of all that gold is a bit much. I wish they’d have gone with a steel clip and nose cone. But OTOH, it kind of looks like a rifle cartridge. The PS-100 is all steel and shares the same mechanism… and I have a NOS pristine one. Wanted a user grade. This one was a perfect match… and losing it… head smack

I also have the lesser ones, Like the PS-1 and PS-2. Plus a PS-13, which is really neat. But they all have chunky mechanisms in comparison to the PS-10x series.

3 Likes

The black and gold one on Mercari?

1 Like

No, it was on Yahoo. THIS one.

2 Likes

Hmm, it was in better shape than I realized the first time I looked at this auction :pensive:

2 Likes

You already have 500 Mistrals. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@Mistrals: Does anybody know the model# of this just ended auction? https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l1087675518?conversionType=service_page_search
(unfortunately my bid was a bit too low)

1 Like

It’s either a PS-1 or PS-3 variant

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m10449525788

Can’t believe I missed this… :upside_down_face: :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Holy smokes! Not sure I even would have noticed it—probably would have thought it was a fountain pen!

It’s difficult to read, but I would say PS-4 (also due to the 1500JPY price).

1 Like

I always struggle with the stupid mercari website … Is it possible to see when the offer was published? I guess despite the absolutely high price the pxe155 went away quickly (due to the relatively low price & the rareness)?

2 Likes

Right hand column (on Mercari desktop version) indicates when an item was listed.

2 Likes

They never show up for sale.

If I saw ¥95,000 and had an open proxy, I’d have to consider it.

2 Likes

This is correct - it is a PS-4.

2 Likes

If it had still been available on 4/2, when I saw it, I would have grabbed it.

1 Like

Yes, I only have 3 prices for pxe155. And the 95000 is the 2nd lowest… so, yes, this was a very rare opportunity :disappointed:

2 Likes

I can’t stand Mercari’s site as well. It’s pretty remarkable how so many used item sites like this have such poor interfaces, at this late stage of the web commerce era.

2 Likes