First generation S55 reddish

In my last shipment from Japan. This has the old logo and sharp grip grooves. The grip is lighter than some of the later red grips.

it is not just faded:

Here is a comparison with a slightly newer S59.

7 Likes

Noted.

I don’t ever want to hear about you shopping in Japan again.

:wink:

2 Likes

That’s a legit light red or pink. I have it next to the maroon in this older pic

7 Likes

Nice! I am having questions about the color codes for these. For simplicity with these I’m calling the turquoise one “blue” (C), the sage one “green” (D), but the pink and burgundy ones? I don’t know. The burgundy one I had as red before. Maybe the other one is “red” (B). Still thinking about this. None of the colors seem to fit with the later standardized color codes.

4 Likes

Do you guys know why the early versions of the S59 have ‘5’ on the barrel instead of a ‘9’?

2 Likes

I don’t think that anyone here really knows. I suspect that early on that the 5/Five was a model name and not an indicator of lead size.

Or, it was originally a size indicator. But it was popular and they decided to add .7mm and .9mm to the lineup.

I would like to know if anyone has a first generation S5x with sharp edge grip that is not .5mm.

4 Likes

It looks like there is one on Yahoo auctions now.

5 Likes

Duh. Of course! I am watching that one.

2 Likes

I have a sharp ridged maroon 0.7 with 5FIVE markings:

https://twitter.com/drifand/status/909270459333599234?s=46&t=ncj-s38SHjzq7OD7k-uhEA

3 Likes

I love this group! Make a statement that you want to see something and they show up with the receipts.

4 Likes